Uber and other rideshare companies have been one of the best inventions of recent times. People who don’t drive now have a convenient and inexpensive way of getting around. It’s also cut way down on drunk driving. At the same time, it has increased many people’s need for a Huntersville Uber accident lawyer.
But just because someone drives an Uber doesn’t mean they’re a professional driver. In fact, most Uber drivers only do it part-time. They have other jobs during the day and drive for Uber on the side. No matter how careful they are, they still have to deal with the same hazards on the road as everyone else.
Uber drivers are just as likely to get in a car accident as anyone else. In fact, because they’re on the road all day and night, they’re at greater risk of getting into a crash. This means that there’s a chance you could get injured in an Uber accident.
If this happens, you’re going to need a Huntersville injury attorney. Your attorney will fight to get you compensation for your injuries. They’ll also make sure the people responsible for the wreck are held accountable. That’s why it’s always a good idea to call one as soon as you’ve been involved in an Uber accident.
- 1 What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in an Uber Accident?
- 2 Why Should I Hire an Attorney After an Uber Accident?
- 3 Uber Accident Statistics
- 4 Can You Sue Uber if You Get Injured in an Accident?
- 5 We Handle a Variety of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
- 6 Call Our Huntersville Uber Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured in an Uber Accident?
If you do get injured in an Uber accident, there are a few steps you need to take. First, you want to make sure you’re physically okay. But you also want to make sure you protect yourself in case you need to file a legal claim later on.
- Call 911 – No matter what the Uber driver says, you need to call the police. You’re going to need a police report for your insurance claim. You also want an experienced officer on the scene to conduct a thorough investigation. If the Uber driver, or the other driver, ask you to not call the cops, there’s an issue. Never agree to this.
- Check to see if anyone’s injured – If you or anyone else involved in the crash get hurt, you need to call for an ambulance. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, you should get checked out. You could have injuries that don’t show up right away. A doctor can conduct the necessary tests to see if you’re been injured.
- Take pictures with your phone – One of the great things about carrying a cell phone is that you can take pictures. Make sure you snapshots of the accident scene and the cars involved. Your Huntersville Uber accident lawyer will need these down the road to prove causation.
- Collect Information – Try to get the insurance information for both drivers. You can’t assume that the Uber driver is going to do the right thing. You need to protect yourself. You also may need to file a claim directly against the other driver’s policy. So, make sure you get information for both drivers and both insurance policies.
- Take screenshots of your Uber information – You want to keep a record of your Uber ride. You can do this by taking a screenshot of your phone with the Uber ride information.
Why Should I Hire an Attorney After an Uber Accident?
As with any other car accident, you don’t want to handle it alone. A Huntersville or Lake Norman Uber accident attorney knows the law. They will also fight to protect your rights. They can deal with the insurance adjuster to try to settle your claim. If this doesn’t work, they’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Uber Accident Statistics
Now that millions of people are using Uber to get around, there are more and more Uber accidents. These accidents can be just as dangerous as any other type of motor vehicle accident.
Because you’re typically the passenger in an Uber, you may not be as seriously hurt as if you were driving. When Uber first came about in 2010, fatal accidents reached their lowest point. Now that there are so many more Uber drivers on the road, these numbers are slowly but surely creeping up.
Can You Sue Uber if You Get Injured in an Accident?
Since Uber drivers aren’t technically employees, you can’t really directly sue Uber. Now, you can sue the driver. You can file a claim against their insurance policy. You can also file a claim against Uber’s insurance.
Uber needs to maintain insurance in case their drivers’ insurance doesn’t cover your injuries. This policy carries $1 million in coverage. This way, you can know that your injuries are going to be covered.
Your insurance claim will cover your medical bills and property damage. For things like pain and suffering, you’d have to file a personal lawsuit against the driver. This probably won’t be covered by Uber. And, unless Uber was negligent in who they hired, you won’t have a personal injury claim against the company.
If you’re not actually a passenger of an Uber, you can still get injured in an Uber accident. You could be in another vehicle that is hit by an Uber driver. Or, you could be a bystander or pedestrian and get injured. If this happens, you need to call an Uber accident lawyer in Huntersville or Lake Norman.
We Handle a Variety of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
No matter what type of motor vehicle accident you’ve been involved in, you can rely on Harman Law to help get you the compensation you deserve. We handle all sorts of accidents and fight hard to get our clients’ justice.
We handle the following types of motor vehicle accidents:
- Car Accidents – If you’ve been involved in any sort of car accident, you need an experienced car accident lawyer. They’ll pursue the other driver and their insurance company to get you compensation for your injuries. This includes:
- Medical Bills
- Property Damage
- Pain and Suffering
- Permanent Disability
- Lost Wages
- Truck Accidents – These accidents are some of the most dangerous on the road. When a tractor-trailer crashes into your car, the injuries are going to be quite severe. Truck accidents are actually the most fatal type of crash. More people die (per accident) in these types of crashes than any other.
- Motorcycle Crash – If you get into a motorcycle accident in Huntersville or Lake Norman, you’re going to suffer some pretty serious injuries. You may need multiple surgeries and physical therapy. You’ll be out of work for quite some time. You need a Huntersville motorcycle accident lawyer to help get you compensation for your losses.
Call Our Huntersville Uber Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one has been hurt in an Uber accident, you need to call an Uber accident lawyer in Huntersville. Your lawyer will make sure the Uber driver is held responsible for the accident. As a passenger, you shouldn’t be left holding the bag.
Schedule your free initial consultation with your lawyer right away. You can sit down and tell them what happened. Your lawyer will review your case and let you know what it may be worth. They can also communicate with the insurance company on your behalf.
If your claim isn’t paid, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. They will name both the driver and Uber in your lawsuit. They’ll also continue to try to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company for both the driver and Uber.
Contact today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you don’t pay a dime until you settle your case. The insurance company will have lawyers working for them. You need to have one by your side as well.