Truck accidents can be the most dangerous types of accidents on the road. They involve large, powerful machines that crash into unsuspecting passenger vehicles. The injuries suffered in truck accidents are usually devastating. Your lawyer has seen dozens of truck accident cases. They’re familiar with the most common types of truck accidents. They also know when to hire experts to prove that the trucker was responsible for your injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you should call a truck accident lawyer in Hickory, North Carolina. You’re going to need someone to handle the legal side of things while you recover from your injuries.
Given the seriousness of these crashes, you’ll probably be out of work for a while. Your vehicle will probably also be destroyed. This means you’ll be entitled to compensation for your losses. The best way to recover these losses is to hire a skilled Hickory truck accident lawyer.
What are the Common Types of Truck Accidents?
Truck accident lawyers have years of experience learning how to prove causation in truck accidents. They know that some types of accidents are more common than others. Once they can identify the cause of the crash, they can go about proving your damages.
Some of the more common types of truck accidents in Hickory, North Carolina include:
- Center Lane Crossovers: When a truck swerves into the lane of oncoming traffic, the person in the correct lane has no time to react. This can lead to dangerous, head-on collisions.
- Jack-Knifed Trucks: When a large tractor-trailer gets folded into half, it can cause a chain reaction. This leads to multiple accidents and fatalities.
- Loss of Control: When a driver loses control of his truck, it’s bound to crash into other passenger vehicles. Since this usually happens at high rates of speed, it can be very dangerous.
- Head-On Collisions: When a truck crosses into oncoming traffic, there’s likely to be serious injuries or even casualties. The passenger car they hit has no idea what’s about to happen.
- Broadside Collisions: In these accidents, a truck hits you, usually while you’re going through an intersection. It could be caused by speeding or the driver may have lost control of their truck.
- Rear-End Collisions: When you’re in bumper to bumper traffic, there’s always the chance that a truck can hit you from behind. The injuries you suffer will depend on how fast the truck was going at the time of the crash.
- Lane Change Collisions: When a truck driver is trying to change lanes, they may not pay enough attention to the other cars. When they merge into existing traffic, it’ll cause a crash.
- Hit and Run: Sadly, some truck drivers don’t stick around after they crash into you. If this happens to you, you’ll definitely need a Hickory truck accident lawyer.
Regardless of what type of tractor trailer crash you’ve involved in, your lawyer will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
What Kinds of Injuries Do Truck Accidents Cause?
All types of truck accidents are dangerous. They can leave their victims with very serious injuries. Most of these injuries require hospitalization or surgery. You may even need physical therapy.
Your Hickory truck accident lawyer will have to prove your injuries. The best way to do this is to go to the hospital immediately after the crash. This way, you’ll have medical documentation to prove your injuries.
Some of the common injuries associated with truck accidents include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones and lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Back injuries
All of these may require surgery and long-term treatment. You may be out of work for quite some time. Your truck accident attorney in North Carolina will demand that you be compensated for your injuries.
Contact a Hickory Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one have been injured in a truck accident, you need to call a truck accident lawyer in Hickory, North Carolina. You can sit down and ask any questions you may have. An experienced truck accident attorney at Harman Law will review your case and let you know what it may be worth.
The truck driver works for a trucking company. They’re going to have a team of lawyers working for them. It’s important that you have someone on your side too. You don’t want to try to handle this on your own.
Call today and schedule your free initial consultation. And remember – you pay nothing until you settle your case.