Motorcycle accidents can be very dangerous. Because there’s nothing to stand between you and the other car, you can suffer very serious injuries. You’re going to need to call an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Hickory, North Carolina to help you.
You don’t have to have an attorney handle your claim. There’s nothing stopping you from handling your claim yourself. However, you’re going to need to focus on recovering from your injuries. Let an experienced lawyer handle the legal side of things for you.
Your Attorney Can Deal with the Insurance Company
When you get injured in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need to file a claim against the other driver’s insurance. If you’re lucky, they’ll pay your claim. If this happens, you’ll receive your check within a week or two.
If, however, your claim is denied, you’re going to need to file an appeal. Your claim could be denied for any variety of reasons, including:
- The policy wasn’t valid
- The policy lapsed for non-payment
- The driver wasn’t listed on the policy
- They believe you were at fault
- They don’t think your injuries were legitimate
- You have a history of filing accident claims
If your claim is denied because the policy wasn’t valid, there’s nothing your lawyer can do to help you. No insurance company will pay out on invalid claims. If they did, they’d go bankrupt in no time at all.
This is why you need a motorcycle injury lawyer in Huntersville. They can help file your appeal. They can negotiate with the insurance adjuster to try to get your claim paid.
If the adjuster refuses to pay your claim, your personal injury lawyer will file a lawsuit on your behalf. Even if they have to file suit, however, they will continue to try to negotiate a settlement of your claim.
If Need Be, Your Lawyer Will Prove Your Case in Court
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by negligence. In order to prove that the other driver was negligent, your Huntersville motorcycle accident lawyer needs to show the following:
- The other driver had a duty of care – In any sort of accident, the driver has a duty to obey all traffic rules. When it comes to a motorcycle accident, you have another duty – the duty to look out for other drivers.
- They breached this duty – If the other driver wasn’t careful enough or just didn’t look out for you, they’ve breached their duty of care.
- You were injured – As long as you go to the hospital, it’s easy to prove your injuries. The problem is, a lot of riders refuse medical treatment at the scene. If you don’t go to the hospital, your lawyer will have no way to prove you were hurt.
- Your injuries were caused by the other driver – You do have to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident.
North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This means that if you’re found to be even 1% at fault, the insurance company can deny your claim. It also means your lawsuit can be dismissed. This is why it’s important that you have an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer by your side.
Your Hickory Motorcycle Accident Attorney Will Demand Compensation
The whole point of filing your claim is to get compensation for your injuries. Motorcycle accident victims tend to suffer pretty serious injuries. These may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Internal injuries
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Harman Law for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you should sit down and meet with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Hickory right away. Harman law has a team of skilled attorneys who have plenty of experience handling these types of claims.
If you’re lucky, your insurance claim will be approved and you’ll get paid right away. However, insurance companies aren’t in the business of paying claims. They could deny your claim. If this happens, you’re going to need to file an appeal. You’re much better off having a skilled lawyer handle this for you.
The other driver is going to have a lawyer working for them and you should too. You should call and schedule your free initial consultation today. Your lawyer can review your case and let you know what it may be worth. They can also answer any questions you may have.
The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.